While there’s not a sure fire way to avoid illness, healthy eating aids in our body’s response to viruses such as cold and flu. Here are three top food picks for keeping that immune system high in the coming cold and flu season:
- Yogurt- boosts white blood cell count and improves GI tract. Choose unsweetened if possible, and stay away from yogurt coated snacks, which don’t have live, active cultures. Some studies show that drinking probiotic yogurt drinks during a cold shorten duration of nasty illnesses.
- Green Tea- contains natural plant antioxidants which improves immune system. Pick loose green tea to drink hot, which contains up to 10 times more healthful benefits than bottled or instant green tea drinks.
- Tuna or Salmon- which have natural Vitamin B6. This vitamin reinforces healthy lymph systems, which produce white cells.
And here’s some free or super saving healthful products:
- Quantum Health is offering free Zinc Lozenge samples. Call 1-800-448-1448. This offer was found in the October issue of Body & Soul magazine.
- Primary Source giving away Green Zinger SuperNutrient Powdered Drink. To receive this sample, call 1-888-666-1188.
- Get a 10% discount on Luna Bars, (delicious, 70% organic, loaded with vitamins) by entering www.drugstore.com/luna10 into your browser. (Discount is ONLY available through this link. If you shop at Drugstore.com, you’ll also receive cash back (drugstore bucks) to use later as well.
- Get on week free yoga, before it ends at a participating yoga studio by September 30th. Go to http://yogamonth.org/yogamonthcard/ for details!